Do you want to impact others?
Come join us and make an impact on the lives of millions – starting in our very own Port Huron area, and expanding across the globe. We’re hard at work building something special here, and we’re always looking for those that want to be a part of it!
At PJWS, we always start with how the person fits in with us and not with how the job description fits the person. So we’re always interested in adding high quality people to our team who are aligned with our Leadership Principles, whether they are just starting in their career and want an organization where they can develop or already have some experience and are looking to call a place home. If you think you would be a good fit at PJWS, whether it’s for an open position below or not, please tell us why via email at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you, and rest assured, every email is read!
Current Openings at PJWS:
Choose a position below for more information
- Manufacturing Opportunities
- Technical Development Program
- Product Application Engineer
- Quality Engineering
- Controller / Accounting Manager
- People Operations (Human Resources)
- Machine Build and Maintenance Group
- Germany Engineering Office Opportunities
The following positions involve producing, moving, and inspecting our product each day. It’s the people in these roles that are instrumental in meeting our customer’s expectations and are therefore absolutely critical to our success.
• Production Operator
• Sort Inspection
• Quality Technician
• Material Handler
Technical Development Program
The PJWS Technical Development Program provides our future technical leaders with a solid foundation, based on practical working experience and supplemented with both internal and external education. Such a foundation allows the future leader to develop expertise in one or more key areas: Manufacturing, Quality, or Design Engineering. Some individuals may pick a specific discipline, whereas others will prefer a rotation through various disciplines. The program is tailored to the unique needs of the individual based on their desired career path and the needs of the organization
Our program provides financial encouragement and support to our employees!
- tuition reimbursement and competitive compensation to a comprehensive
- Dental and Vision plans
If you’re ready to work with great people, take that first step today and send your letter of interest and resume below.
Product Application Engineer
The Product Engineer must have previous experience with product design, including experience with customer interaction and CAD. This person must be capable of working individually as well as part of the team. The candidate must also have strong attention to detail, be cost-conscious, and have a desire to be an integral part of a world-class engineering team.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Customer interaction experience
- CAD experience
- Automotive industry experience (or strong interest)
- Willingness to travel
What P.J. Wallbank Springs, Inc. can deliver on:
- The opportunity to learn Autonomy
- A place where your opinion will be valued and you will have a large impact
- An organization that is constantly pushing forward
- The opportunity to work with other high performers
- Recognition of the importance of an employee’s family
In describing our ideal candidate, we are looking for someone who eats, sleeps, and breathes Quality. The successful candidate will be an individual who is adept at working with other members of the organization to achieve quality goals and who truly enjoys and appreciates what’s required to produce a quality product. They are a hands-on leader on the floor with strong problem solving ability and PC application skills. They will have a continuous improvement mentality focused on defect prevention via a cost conscious and creative approach, driven by data and the facts from the floor. Experience with a multi shift, high volume production operation, with knowledge of APQP, IATF 16949, and auditing are positives. The organization has extensive use of SPC throughout its manufacturing operation so experience here is an added benefit.
There is a company to be built here, a world class one, and we are looking for those who are excited to be a part of that, but aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and work hard, take ownership, and ultimately have a direct impact on the lives of many people near and far.
- Lead Advanced Quality Planning activities that protect PJWS and
- PJWS’ customers from quality issues
- Support APQP process by completing new Quality documentation
- including (PFMEA, PFD, Control Plan, etc.)
- Support production start-up by providing instructions for a robust
- inspection process
- Support other departments with APQP process
Supplier Support & Development:
- Responsible for current supplier development and qualifying new suppliers
- Responsible to bring PJWS’ suppliers to full approval PPAP status within
- new program launch timing
- Lead contact with supplier plant Quality personnel
- Champion supplier root cause analysis and issue resolution processes
- Responsible to support root cause analysis and issue resolution
- Conduct DOEs as needed
- Collect and provide Quality data
- Support Continuous Improvement activities through active participation in CI activities
Controller / Accounting Manager
This individual will play a key role in Accounting, working directly with the CFO, to lead us in achieving world class standards as we double in size. As a result, it’s an opportunity for you to develop your experience to a world class level!
For a person who is passionate about Accounting, it doesn’t get much better – having the opportunity to play a hands-on role in building an accounting system from the manufacturing floor up.
- Lead implementation of the Accounting and Finance modules in a new ERP system the organization is currently in the process of rolling out
- Re-engineer inventory system, including organizing and optimizing inventory levels
- Streamline payroll process, including evaluating and leading the outsourcing of this process
This organization is the global leader in its market, exports nearly 40% of its products globally, and designs and builds all of its own manufacturing equipment. They are also the only company in the world who exclusively manufactures their products.
People Operations (Human Resources
In describing our ideal candidate, we need someone who is not afraid of the detailed work (we believe this is where it all starts), someone who wants to truly understand the nuts and bolts of People Operations from the manufacturing floor and up, and someone who wants to make a significant impact on others, and as a result, our organization.
Machine Build and Maintenance Group
P.J. Wallbank’s roots are in machine building and process development. After immigrating from England and using what was left of his savings to rent a room in a farmhouse, Phillip Wallbank, a springmaker by trade (and machine builder by choice), found a potential customer desperate for parts due to their striking supplier. In order to produce these parts, he immediately set out to create a machine, largely composed of components from a discarded old washing machine. This machine won him his first production contract. From there, the company was defined by creating innovative and specialized equipment, focused on simplicity, which set P.J. Wallbank apart from its competitors. This approach was further exemplified approximately 25 years later, when Mel Wallbank developed the very equipment that produce our spring packs today. Our organization’s DNA is made up of machine building and process development.
Germany Engineering Office Opportunities
Wir suchen Sie als Prozessingenieur (m/w/altersunabhängig) zum weiteren Aufbau eines Technik-Zentrums im schönen Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Unser amerikanischer Kunde P.J. Wallbank Springs, der Weltmarktführer für Federpakete bei Kupplungen, baut hier seinen deutschen Engineering-Standort auf, und zwar mit einer in Gründung befindender GmbH. Werden Sie Teil eines dynamischen Teams, in dessen Fokus Produktentwicklung, Prozessentwicklung und Vertrieb für den europäischen Markt stehen. Unsere effizienten Fertigungsprozesse sind die Basis unserer Erfolgsgeschichte.