Accounting Department- Accounting Clerk
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the organization’s data entry for plant payroll time card data entry and backs up the Accounts Payable Clerk. The candidate will need to have a strong background in Payroll time card entry, preferably in a manufacturing environment. This role requires effective verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and consistent data entry proficiency. Requires strong Word and Excel ability, good time management skills, organization, and attention to detail. The ability to adhere to the highest level of confidentiality is a must for this position. This role reports to and works directly with the Controller.
Over the last 35 years our organization has been a specialist in our products. In fact, we are the only company in the world who specializes in clutch return spring packs. This laser sharp focus, combined with great people putting forth a tremendous amount of effort, has enabled us to be the global leader in our market.
Our organization collaborates with our customers all around the world in product development, and then manufacture these products on proprietary manufacturing equipment and processes we design and build internally. While millions of these products are shipped within the United States, more than 50% are exported, the majority of which go to China.
We are currently experiencing very rapid growth as we are on a trajectory to double in size in the next 2 years. It’s because of this explosive growth that we look at ourselves a 35 year old start up.
While our company’s growth is exciting and will present some great opportunities and challenges, this is not what makes us special. In fact, many mediocre companies are capable of growing to a larger size. What separates us from others is 1) our common desire to have an impact and 2) our people.
Those with our organization share a common desire to have an impact on people. For some, this is the impact that can be made on the people within our four walls, while for others it may mean the impact within our community or the millions of lives we impact all around the world each day.
Our ability to make an impact is a direct result of our people. We firmly believe the difference between an average organization and phenomenal, long term success is a function of the organization’s people. What does this mean? It means believing that our people are our most important asset, and then treating them this way. It means providing people with the opportunity to work with other high performers whom they respect and can learn from. It means giving people tough challenges to solve in order to grow personally and professionally.
There is a company to be built here, a world class one, and we are looking for those who are excited to be a part of that, but aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and work hard, take ownership, and ultimately have a direct impact on the lives of many people near and far.
- Process daily time cards in software system and verify hours worked etc.
- Ensure integrity of plant employee payroll records
- Process bi-weekly plant payroll
- Time card processing that updates the company’s inventory records
- Time card processing that involves data entry of scrap and non-conforming product numbers
Back up responsibilities
- Processes vendor invoices and other accounts payable transactions
- Maintains vendor information requirements
- Remittance addresses and contact information
- Vendor W9 forms
- Vendor insurance requirements
- Processes AP check runs, mails payments, filing and record keeping
- Answers phones and manages calls, processes and distributes mail
- Performs clerical duties as required
- Participates in continuous improvement activities
- Utilizes and maintains detailed work instructions
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Participates in bi-monthly physical inventory and cycle counting
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Job Requirements
- Previous accounting experience in a payroll data entry and accounts payable role. Associates degree in Accounting, preferred
- Strong PC application skills and mathematical ability
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel and Word
- Excellent data entry skills in both speed and accuracy
- Ability to work in fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Above average proficiency with ERP software, especially Epicor
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment or auditing manufacturing entities
Performance Objectives and Measurables
- Participate in the implementation of the Accounts Payable modules in a new ERP system the organization is currently in the process of rolling out.