Customer Service Specialist
Title and Role: Customer Service Specialist
The Customer Service Specialist role is an integral part of the team at PJ Wallbank Springs as they are the liaison with our customers. The person in this role will administer, manage the account including updating and processing orders, leading and implementing resolution for customer issues and providing valuable communication to the rest of the PJ Wallbank team. They must be a detail-oriented person that has a strong background in automotive customer service and logistics.
Over the last 35 years our organization has been a specialist in our products. In fact, we are the only company in the world who specializes in clutch return spring packs. This laser sharp focus, combined with great people putting forth a tremendous amount of effort, has enabled us to be the global leader in our market.
Our organization collaborates with our customers all around the world in product development, and then manufacture these products on proprietary manufacturing equipment and processes we design and build internally. While millions of these products are shipped within the United States, more than 50% are exported, the majority of which go to China.
We are currently experiencing very rapid growth as we are on a trajectory to double in size in the next 2 years. It’s because of this explosive growth that we look at ourselves a 35 year old start up.
While our company’s growth is exciting and will present some great opportunities and challenges, this is not what makes us special. In fact, many mediocre companies are capable of growing to a larger size. What separates us from others is 1) our common desire to have an impact and 2) our people.
Those with our organization share a common desire to have an impact on people. For some, this is the impact that can be made on the people within our four walls, while for others it may mean the impact within our community or the millions of lives we impact all around the world each day.
Our ability to make an impact is a direct result of our people. We firmly believe the difference between an average organization and phenomenal, long term success is a function of the organization’s people. What does this mean? It means believing that our people are our most important asset, and then treating them this way. It means providing people with the opportunity to work with other high performers whom they respect and can learn from. It means giving people tough challenges to solve in order to grow personally and professionally.
There is a company to be built here, a world class one, and we are looking for those who are excited to be a part of that, but aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and work hard, take ownership, and ultimately have a direct impact on the lives of many people near and far.
- Manage all processes for assigned customer accounts to ensure product and shipment is 100% to customer demands.
- Lead any potential issues to root cause to ensure customer satisfaction is at or over 100%
- Continually examine processes to improve follow through and communication internally and with customer
- Monitor customer web sites (Chrysler, Ford, GM, Covisint, etc) to update delivery requirements, verify releases, and watch for shortages and alerts
- Verify Advanced Shipping Notices (ASNs) were sent and processed
- Prepare shipment documents for production, prototype and service orders
- Prepare export documents for our international customer orders
- Communicate, administer and manage external logistics companies to schedule trucks for customer shipments (Full TL and LTL shipments)
- Communicate customer requirements to production, quality, and shipping departments
- Track customer dunnage and report shortages and damages to customer
- Review Delivery Performance Reports for accuracy
- Maintain Certificate of Origin and Manufacturers Affidavit files and process all NAFTA inquiries from customers
Desired Job Requirements
- Must show motivation & have desire to learn new concepts and skills
- Ability to use strong written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, managers and co-workers
- Time management and organizational skills are essential
- Proficient with ERP software (Epicor preferred)
- Familiarity with EDI transactions
- Knowledge of automotive customer portals (Chrysler, Ford, GM, Covisint, etc…)
- Solid understanding and application of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Performance Objectives and Measurables
- Provide daily, on time, accurate data to support manufacturing operations in maintaining 100% on time delivery of customer orders and optimal scheduling of support and production
- Manage and administer customer accounts and specifications to keep all customer performance scorecards at or above 95%
- Develop schedule that ensures answering of customer portals within time required by our customer with zero error
- Provide administrative and data support to AIM and Epicor implementation team to ensure a successful roll out
- Identify process issues and create four new work instructions within ninety days to provide continuous improvements to the customer service department